A chemical company who was producing functional resins for cosmetics and information devices was asked by their customer to thoroughly remove unreacted monomers from newly-developed functional resin powders.
They originally planned to install an unreacted monomer remover and a dryer independently. Based on our experiences with the Ribocone that both of drying and monomer removal could be implemented on a single unit, we proposed the machine to them. Through repeated testing with them, we could carry out drying and thorough removal of unreated monomers with one unit of the Ribocone.
- Only a single unit must perform drying and unreacted monomers removal.
- The machine must be sanitary design with excellent cleanability for high-mix low-volume production of value-added products.
- The dryer heat source must be easily changed from steam to hot water for some products. However, we have no hot water utility now.
- Unreated monomers will be removed just after drying is finished by control system.
- The top lid of helical ribbon agitator is detachable with air clampers to go up and down, using a hoist.
- The machine will be sanitary design to facilitate the disassembly for cleaning.
- A hot water generator to produce hot water by steam will be included as an accessory.
- The drying and removal of unreacted monomers can be implemented only with one unit of the Ribocone. We did not have to purchase an unreated monomer remover separately.
- The machine can be easily cleaned when products are changed.
- The heat source can be easily changed from steam to hot water with the control panel.