BackgroundAs people become more and more health-conscious, functional natural products are drawing attention.
A seafood processor has started studying a new business to commercialize natural marine extracts as health foods with a new production line.
ProblemsIt is apparent through our research that the product has quite a new function. To commercialize it, however, we must overcome the following problems.
- This is a challenge to a new market. Though we know the function of the product, we have no idea about a machine which can produce an excellent end product, keeping the quality.
- We cannot produce a sample product for commercialization because we have no pilot plant.
- The commercial plant must be automated and run continuously.
ResultsWe accepted the proposal of Okawara and obtained the following results.
- We could purchase the facilities for concentration, drying and granulation from a single source for a short period.
- We could produce a sample product in time for commercialization of the product.
- The new production line was automated and ran continuously.